Pasta is not something one thinks of as a grilling recipe. However, grilling the chicken for this Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Grilled Chicken recipe adds a smoky and rich flavor to the chicken. Once grilled, simply slice chicken into strips and add to pasta mixture.
Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Grilled Chicken
Yield: About 5 – 6 servings
Courtesy: Cooking Classy
- 1 lb grilled chicken breasts, sliced into strips*
- 1 lb dry linguine, fettucine or spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach, steamed just until beginning to wilt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan, plus more for serving
- Brush the the chicken lightly with olive oil and season both sides salt, pepper and garlic powder before grilling.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta.
- Drain water (reserve 1 cup) and return pasta to pot. Set pot over medium-low heat and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, 1/2 cup hot reserved pasta water and parmesan and toss to evenly coat. Add in more pasta water as desired to thin and season with salt and pepper to taste, cook and toss, about 2 minutes, until ricotta is heated through. Toss in spinach and grilled chicken. Serve warm topped with more parmesan if desired.